Anish - Inside / Outside

Well this is about me - my name is Anish - Anish Jacob - and I have been wanting to blog for a long time - well actually about a year now - and here it is.... Its about me and whats happening now - on the inside and on the outside.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A Garden of Memories

I grew up in the beautiful city of Bangalore - also called the Garden City. I have lived and worked for some time in Chennai and Delhi – but I call Bangalore home. I was not born here but I "Lived" here. Often when I travel for work – I go to various parts of the city – and there are so many places associated with many pleasant and a few unpleasant memories.
Whenever I go through the area I grew up as a child, time permitting I drive through the street in which I lived. And that house is still there – strangely that seems to be the only house that has not changed much.

The Brigade Road, MG Road area is also filled with so many memories for me – I studied in colleges in this area. Have visited all the cinemas – yes I bunked classes and went ( as if you couldn’t figure that out ). There are hospitals, churches, temples, shops – all which bring back memories.

Hotels and restaurants – they are also special places – I can remember the people I went there with and in some cases what we discussed. Since I’ve also worked in Bangalore – offices bring back memories. Yes, places bring back memories, but the memories are always about people and feelings. I remember happy-go-lucky friends. Wacky classmates – some of them were surely form outer space ( seen MIB ? ). Grummpy teachers – hey, I had some excellent teachers too – especially during my PG. Unreasonable bosses, reasonable clients ( the types who always have a cash flow problem ), vendors who are always late ( the ones who would deliver on time – never gave credit, sigh ).

I’ve traveled the city on buses, cycle, bikes, cars, autos – often by walk. Bangalore its just not a city for me – it’s a memory – I also live here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home